The Chief Inclusion Office welcomes new staff to Clarkson

The Chief Inclusion Office is excited to announce its new staff.  The office is comprised of five positions: Administrative Assistant, Program Coordinator, Training Coordinator, Director of Teaching and Learning for Diversity and Inclusion, and Chief Inclusion Officer.
Mrs. Patrice Cole works as the administrative assistant for the Diversity & Inclusion Office. She provides on-going assistance and coordination for all Diversity & Inclusion programs, initiatives, and events. Patrice is a resource for day-to-day oversight and guidance to our student members. Mrs. Cole is from Boston, Massachusetts, but has now lived in Potsdam, New York with her family for almost 30 years.She has been a valued part of the Clarkson community for the last twelve years, as she served in Student Administrative Services before joining our team this summer.  We are super excited to have her oversee the administrative function of the CIO team and student groups and can’t wait to see how she helps us engage the wider North Country community.If you have a question, call, email, or stop by the Diversity and Inclusion Lounge, she will be happy to help you! jcole@clarkson.edu, 315-268-3785, Student Center, 1st floor, Diversity and Inclusion Lounge.
Mr. Kirk Amarh-Kwantreng joins us as the Programming Coordinator after a print stint helping us update our web content.  He shares the following about himself.My name is Kirk Amarh-Kwantreng. I am from the Bronx, NY. I was born in Accra, Ghana and moved to the United States at a young age. It was an interesting upbringing in a different country, culture and education system. I graduate with my BA from SUNY Potsdam in 2016 and my MSEd in 2019. My favorite thing to do is to travel. I’ve gotten the chance to visit 18 different countries and 4 different continents. The next stops on my world tour are Brazil and Australia. I have no intention of visiting Antarctica because Potsdam winters are enough for me. The New York Yankees and Giants are my favorite sports teams. My favorite thing about working at Clarkson are the wonderful people I have the privilege of working with every day.If you too would like to be in the list of wonderful people with whom Kirk works, call, email, or stop by the Diversity and Inclusion Lounge, he will be happy to help you kamarhkw@clarkson.edu, 315-268-3785, Student Center, 1st floor, Diversity and Inclusion Lounge.
Ms. Bria Cole accepted the position of Training Coordinator for Student Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives. Bria graduated from Clarkson University with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications and is currently receiving her Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration from Georgia Southern University. (Spring 2020).Prior to accepting this position, she served as a Marketing & Events Coordinator at DeFelsko Corporation. While at Clarkson University Bria gained experience in various departments, including Title IX, where she created and facilitated diversity trainings and events for students and faculty. ‘ If you would like to partner with her on a training or professional development event, call, email, or stop by the Diversity and Inclusion Lounge, she will be happy to help you bcole@clarkson.edu, 315-268-2258, Student Center, 1st floor, Diversity and Inclusion Lounge.
Dr. Chris Robinson is a professor of political science.  His new role as Director of Teaching and Learning marks to culmination of many years of advocating for more inclusive pedagogy within higher education.  A longtime educator in the HEOP summer programs, he looks forward to partnering with his faculty colleagues in crafting a more engaged and inclusive pedogogy at Clarkson.If you would like to know more about his work, partner with him, or just seek a little advice on inclusive teaching and mentoring,  he will be happy to help you crobinso@clarkson.edu, 315-268-3785, Office of Inclusion, 1003B, ERC.
Dr. Jennifer Ball, associate professor of History and Social Documentation, is in her second year as Clarkson’s Chief Inclusion Officer.  She continues as the school’s Title IX Coordinator. She has worked both in and out of higher ed. in diveristy and inclusion since 2001.  Jen is excited to work on developing and executing the university’s strategic vision for diversity and inclusion with her excellent team members and Clarkson partners.  And, she loves the student interaction she has in her new role.
If you would like to know more about diversity and inclusion at Clarkson, share ideas, or just check out the new location of jball’s candy dish, she would be happy to accomodate you jball@clarkson.edu, 315-268-3785 or 4208, Office of Inclusion, 1003A, ERC.
Stay tuned for more announcements about initiatives and the D&I schedule of events.

You Might Also Like