Clarkson Senior Receives Society of Women Engineers Scholarship

Lexington Stoyell ’20 an electrical engineering major in the Wallace H. Coulter School of Engineering has been awarded the Carol Stephens SWE Scholarship from the Society of Women Engineers (SWE). The Moravia, NY native is a member of the Clarkson Honors Program and is also resident advisor on campus.

Lexington (Lexie) Stoyell

Stoyell said in her application that she is “motivated to become an engineer because of my drive to change the world that I am in, but also by the constant change and learning that is required of an engineer. I have always loved to learn and have sought ways to improve my life and engineering allows me to extend this love to a career. Once [I become] an engineer I plan to continue to break boundaries both professionally as an engineer and as a female engineer.”

SWE awarded nearly 260 scholarships totaling more than $810,000 to students for the 2019-2020 academic year.  The SWE scholarship program looks to help these young individuals accomplish their dreams of becoming engineers.

Click here for a shareable link: https://www.clarkson.edu/news/clarkson-senior-receives-society-women-engineers-scholarship

You Might Also Like