Course Enrollment Woes

Change isn’t easy. With the recent upgrade to myCU, student self-service enrollment has seen a major overhaul. While most of the change is good (like simplified navigation and mobile access), there are some surprising pitfalls. Read on for answers to the most commonly asked questions we’ve received from students so far:

Q: Why don’t I have access to my shopping cart?

A: You do! All current students have access to their shopping cart. If your cart is currently empty, the message you will see says “You do not have access to the shopping cart or your cart is empty”.  To put something into your shopping cart, click the Class Search and Enroll button.

Q: Why do I need a permission number?

A: You probably don’t.  During the enrollment process, you will have the option to enter a permission number if you need one, but it is not required to proceed.

Q: Why can’t I select the course I searched for?

A: The most common reasons we’ve found students encounter are: 

• you are already enrolled in the course; or 
  • the course is already in your shopping cart; or 
  • you are clicking on the URL that displays the class details. Check out this link to see what I’m talking about.

If you need help navigating the system, please stop by the SAS office in Graham Hall, or tap the HELP! tile in your Knight Hub (or view the SAS website) for additional tutorials.

You Might Also Like