Dear Clarkson Community –
To ensure effective implementation of our campus social distancing protocols, and to prepare for the potential increase in support volume driven by the transition to fully online teaching, we are making the following adjustments to OIT Support operations effective immediately:
- The IT HelpDesk in ERC and OIT satellite offices in B.H. Snell and CAMP are closed to walk-in support
- The HelpDesk staff will be working from home and will maintain regular hours via telephone and email
- We ask that all faculty, staff, and students attempt to “self-help” using the information contained in the following links:
- If you have attempted to resolve your issue using the resources provided above and still need assistance, or have a “classroom emergency,” please do not hesitate to contact the HelpDesk. We will deploy an IT staff member to assist you, but ask that you practice current social distancing protocols. If you are in a confined space such as an office, please understand that our support personnel may ask you to step away from your desk or out of the room while they perform the necessary work to resolve the issue.
- If you suspect a service outage of any type please check our Status Page (https://status.clarkson.edu/) before calling/emailing support.
- Note that status alerts are also included on the OIT KnowledgeBase portal (https://confluence.clarkson.edu/display/OITKB)
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we adjust to meet the needs of our entire campus community while ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all individuals.
Manager of Customer Service & Communications
Office of Information Tech
OIT HelpDesk contact:
- KnowledgeBase: https://confluence.clarkson.edu/display/OITKB
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 315-268-HELP (x4357)
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Thursday between 7:30am – 7:00pm, and
- Friday between 7:30am – 5:00pm