Clarkson Senior to Present Research on Breast Cancer at the American Society of Mass Spectrometry Conference

Danielle Whitham ‘20, a Chemistry and Biomolecular Science student was selected for a travel award to attend the 68th American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, which will be held during May 31-June 4, in Houston, TX. This conference is the greatest international conference in mass spectrometry, which gathers about 7,000 scientists.

Danielle Whitham ’20

Whitham, a native of Colchester, Vermont, is currently a senior at Clarkson University and will graduate this May 2020, as Chemistry and Biomolecular Science double-major. She was also recently accepted in the Chemistry Ph.D. program at Clarkson.  

Whitham also has an accepted abstract to ASMS and will present a poster entitled “Proteomic Analysis of Human Breast Milk to Reveal Potential Protein Biomarkers for Breast Cancer”.

This is not the first time Whitham attended a national or international conference. She attended the Eastern Analytical Symposium (national conference) in November 2018 and November 2019 in Princeton, NJ) and ASMS Sanibel Conference (international conference) in January 2020 in Captiva Island, FL.

“I am really excited to attend this conference,” said Whitham. “I will not only have a great opportunity to present my research at the ASMS conference, but I will also representing Clarkson University as in the undergraduate poster competition held at ASMS. So, I will present my poster twice, to a different audience!”

Click here for a shareable link: https://www.clarkson.edu/news/clarkson-senior-present-research-breast-cancer-american-society-mass-spectrometry-conference

You Might Also Like