CU CONNECT

CU CONNECT 

2019 Convocation 17 (2).jpg

Faculty and Staff Needed

The CU Connect program is in its 11th year. This is a mentoring program where we match every first-year student with a campus community member. In the midst of COVID-19 this program is particularly important as students will need added support and guidance.   

Please consider joining our team of mentors! As a CU Connect mentor you meet virtually with a handful of students several times over the course of the fall semester. We have student data to make meaningful matches so as to help you establish a “connection”.  Your role is to review their summer survey and to listen; providing support and guidance as necessary.  

No experience required, just a desire to make a first-year student comfortable in our community! 

Here’s what a colleague says about her CU Connect experience:

“I was able to connect with a local student…and now that my son is coming to Clarkson, I am really glad from a parental perspective that Clarkson offers this kind of outreach to students. As a faculty and staff member, I felt the experience was personally valuable to me as well.” — Courtney Johnson-Woods

Here’s what a student has to say about her CU Connect experience:

“If you met me a year ago you wouldn’t recognize or even notice me. Upon my arrival to Clarkson I began to question my choice of school and whether or not I should have gone so far away from home. I am the first person in my family to go to college so I had no idea what to expect from First Year Seminar or the CU Connect program. My CU Connect mentor was  very nice and could tell that there was something not quite right when I first met her. She put me in contact with the Counseling Center and the Student Success Center. These were services that I never would have used on my own. I have no doubt in my mind that at any other school I would have slipped through the cracks. Clarkson is such a special place that truly cares about their students. I fully believe these programs and relationships can completely change your college career….” — Olivia Netter, Student Coordinator FYS, Resident Assistant

I hope you’ll join us in welcoming the Class of 2024! 

Contact Chris Campbell ccampbel@clarkson.edu for details

You Might Also Like