Your student is encouraged to enroll in this Orientation course on Moodle starting July 20th. Here your student will find out about upcoming floor meetings, mandatory trainings, and fun events, all happening before they arrive to campus!
- Your Family’s Transition to College: Join Brian Grant, Vice President of Enrollment and Advancement, for this webinar about what transitioning to life at Clarkson means for your whole family. Ask questions! This webinar will be held on Monday, August 3 from 6-7 p.m. Zoom Link: https://clarkson.zoom.us/j/99986045055
- First floor meeting: Be sure to encourage your student to join their floor’s first meeting via Zoom! Students can meet their roommate, floormates, and their RA! See this schedule to find your students’ floor meeting date, time, and Zoom link. Floor meetings are being held between July 20-23. If your student cannot attend their floor meeting, they should feel free to attend another floor’s meeting and get to know their neighbors! Commuters may choose a meeting to attend as well!
- Boundaries Training by Value U: Students should mark their calendars for this mandatory training, facilitated by the student leaders of Value U! This training will be held on Thursday, July 23 from 1–2:30pm ET. Zoom Link: https://clarkson.zoom.us/j/98413277519. Questions, or your student can’t make this training? Students should contact email@example.com.
Based on an expanding set of NY State travel advisories that are impacting students who plan to return to campus from around the country and who may need to quarantine upon arrival, we had to alter plans to minimize other early arrivals and suspend our pre-orientation trips planned for August. This tough decision was made so we can be inclusive of all students and to focus on ensuring that we start off the semester with a safe and healthy campus community.
- Rooms in first year housing are between 199 sq. feet and 245 sq. feet. (14’x14′ to 16’x16′).
- Beds can be raised to 4ft. Should students want their bed lofted they will need to purchase and assemble their own lofting materials.
- Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are a residential environment where students with similar interests live together and participate in programs that cater to their academic, social, and personal needs. All first-year students are housed within an LLC. Students living in these communities have the opportunity to partake in experiences with their peers and interact with dedicated staff members who work to make the community a success, while enjoying the benefits of being part of a diverse community that shares personal, social and scholarly interests. View the full description of each LLC here!
- Housing assignments are available through “Housing Information” in MyCU. Roommate contact information will be available prior to arrival at Clarkson.
- Questions about housing? Contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-268-6642.