Upcoming Events for Students
- CIA Training: Join the Clarkson Intercultural Ambassadors for this important training with your fellow transfer students on August 3rd at 11 a.m. You will meet and learn the role and responsibility of the Diversity and Inclusion Office and the Clarkson Intercultural Ambassadors, and understand the importance of Diversity and Inclusion at Clarkson. Can’t make this training? Join another one! The full list of trainings are listed here. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BINGO: Join upperclass students for a BINGO night! Mark your calendars for Tuesday, August 11th from 7:30-8:30 p.m. We’ll be giving away 10 $25 Declining Balance prizes which you can redeem for food on campus! Zoom Link: https://clarkson.zoom.us/j/95314263746
Upcoming Events for Families/Supporters
Your Family’s Transition to College: Join Brian Grant, Vice President of Enrollment and Advancement, and Coreen Bohl, Director of Counseling, for this webinar about what transitioning to life at Clarkson means for your whole family. Ask questions! This webinar will be held on Monday, August 3 from 6-7 p.m. Zoom Link: https://clarkson.zoom.us/j/99986045055
Getting Involved in the Knight Life
Check out this brief video slideshow to learn about how to get involved in student life at Clarkson!
Order your Clarkson Spirit Pak today!
The Office of Alumni Relations is inviting students and families to purchase a Clarkson Spirit Pak, which includes a dark green drawstring sack pak and a fleece throw blanket (both with a large Clarkson University logo) for $30! Order online at connect.clarkson.edu/register/spiritpak or by mail using the attached order form. For questions, contact email@example.com.
What Should I Bring on Move In Day?
- Bed sheets, blankets, and pillows. Sheets are twin extra long/XL (36″x80″)
- Trash can: We provide the recycling bin for you!
- Bath and hand towels
- Toiletries: Shower sandals, personal grooming supplies, health products, shower caddy
- Clothes and clothes hangers
- Fan (optional)
- General school supplies
- Desk or room lamp (optional) with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulb
- Ethernet cable: The first-year residence halls and academic buildings have WiFi, but you may want to hook up to a hard connection sometimes.
- TV and coax cable: All residence hall rooms have coax cable hookup and your cable TV channels are included in the cost of your tuition!
- Energy Star appliances: Wait until you get your roommate assignments to coordinate these so you don’t end up with double appliances you don’t need!
- Laundry bag and laundry detergent
- Reusable coffee/travel mug and water bottle
- Reusable bowl/plate and utensils for in-room eating
- Dish soap
- Storage containers: Suggestion from a student: Pack your clothes and belongings in a couple of large storage bins. The bins can be used for in-room storage and/or as a laundry hamper once you get here!
- Room cleaning supplies (rags, broom and dustpan, small vacuum, etc.)
What Should I Definitely NOT Bring on Move In Day?
- Air conditioner
- Halogen lights
- Toaster oven
- Full-size refrigerator
- Space heater
- Extension cords
- Charcoal/gas grill
- Candles, incense
- String lights
Fall 2020 Career Fair and Career Center Services: Sneak peak into what we have planned!
The Fall 2020 Career Fair will be held virtually on across 3 days from September 8th – September 10th. We chose a 3 day format to give all students ample time to establish meaningful connections with as many employers as possible.
In addition to our traditional large format Fall Career Fair, the Career Center will also host a Grad School Fair on September 30th to support students pursuing higher education. Throughout both Fall and Spring semesters, we plan to implement micro-fairs by industry to promote continuous hiring and potentially attract new employers to recruit our students.
The Career Center team remains available throughout the summer for appointments. Students should check handshake and monitor email for information about summer services and events like our upcoming resumania & resume drop, Career Fair Prep webinars and more.
We look forward to helping you find and secure your internships, co-ops and full time opportunities. We can’t wait to celebrate your success. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Margo Jenkins by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of AccessABILITY Services
In order to assure equal access for students with disabilities, Clarkson University’s Office of AccessAbility Services (OAS) provides reasonable accommodations to qualified students in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
We review eligibility and provide reasonable accommodations, educate and advocate for an accessible and hospitable learning environment, and promote responsibility and self-advocacy on the part of the individuals we serve. Learn more about our services here!
Updates from Campus Dining
This semester we will be moving to an online ordering application for all meals called Dishout. Students will place their order on the app, select a location for pickup, pay online (using meal swipe, Declining Balance or credit card) and the app will notify the student when the order will be ready! There is also a new app for students called Bite which provides the latest menu and nutritional information and helps students plan meals ahead of time. We will be providing the same level of customer service and menu variety including specials and limited time offers. We also have strict standards for safety, cleanliness and physical distancing at this time as the well-being of the students and our employees is our main priority.
If students are interested in student on-call work for food service or catering please feel free to reach out to any of the contacts below.
If you have any questions contact Bill Masullo (GM) at 315-268-2061 or Bill.Masullo@sodexo.com; Kyle Mayette (Executive Chef) at Kyle.Mayette@sodexo.com; Courtney Ploof (Director of Catering) at Courtney.Ploof@sodexo.com; or Beth Gooder (Operations Manager) at Beth.Gooder@sodexo.com.
Find the links to the new apps on our website at www.clarksondining.com.