New Student Move-In Dates* (First-Year and Transfer Students):
*Except for students coming from outside the U.S. or from a state on the NYS Advisory List. Please refer to the Campus Map for locations of entrances and residence halls as outlined below.
- Sunday, August 16th, 9 am – 3 pm: Even rooms (e.g. Brooks House 116)
- Monday, August 17th, 9 am – 3 pm: Odd rooms (e.g. Brooks House 115)
Move-In Process for New Students
- Students (and families/supporters, if applicable) arrive at their designated entrance and check-in.
- First-year students living in Cubley or Reynolds Houses enter on Clarkson Avenue.
- First-year students living in Ross or Brooks Houses enter on Route 11 at the main campus entrance.
- First-year students living in Donahue will enter on Route 11 at the main campus entrance and go to Graham Hall.
- Transfer students, regardless of housing assignment, check-in at Walker Arena parking lot on Clarkson Avenue.
- Clarkson School students will enter on Route 11 at the main campus entrance and go to Price Hall (Ormsby House & Farrisee House).
- Students (and families/supporters, if applicable) drive to the check in area outside of the residence hall (first-years) or Walker Arena (transfers).
- Students retrieve their residence hall room key and student ID.
- Students (and families/supporters, if applicable) unload at the curb of their building and place items on grass.
- Students should label all belongings prior to arrival to campus with their name and room assignment.
- Families/supporters who choose to come to campus may wait inside their vehicle in the unloading zone until their student has finished moving belongings inside. Families/guests are not permitted inside of any buildings for any reason for any length of time.
- Student moves belongings inside.
- Roommates are encouraged to assist each other with moving belongings inside.
- Students will receive their vehicle registration stickers, if applicable, in their student mailbox.
Any questions regarding Move-In should be directed to Residence Life at email@example.com.
Instructions for Commuter Students
Please pick up your student ID and your vehicle registration, if applicable, at the Campus Safety and Security window on the first floor of the ERC any time on or after August 19. Hours: 24/7
Reminder: Academic Orientations
Meet the faculty who will be teaching your courses, learn what to expect from your major, and ask questions! Find your Academic Orientation session link here.
Academic Orientation Schedule
- Transfer Students: Monday, August 10th from 6-6:55 p.m.
- Transfer Student Families/Supporters: Monday, August 10th from 7-7:30 p.m.
- Pre-Health Students: Tuesday, August 11th from 5:30-5:55 p.m.
- First-Year Students: Tuesday, August 11th from 6-6:55 p.m.
- First-Year Student Families/Supporters: Tuesday, August 11th from 7-7:30 p.m.