- Potsdam campus employees may use any entrance to come into work;
- Do not report to work or enter any building if you have not been approved to return to work yet, and have not completed the employee Health and Safety Training;
- Do the daily screening tool before coming to work and if you answer “yes” to any of the questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before coming in to the office; Please also do the daily exiting survey after leaving campus to aid contact tracing if we have a positive case.
- Practice social distancing, which includes maintaining 6 feet between you and others.
- Wear face coverings that meet Clarkson’s PPE policy for employees. Covering the nose and mouth is required in any public space indoors on campus where others are present and any time you are not able to maintain 6 feet clearance from another individual outside The University will be issuing all employees 2 cloth face masks upon returning to campus.
- We all have a responsibility to ensure all Clarkson community members are following social distancing rules, travel requirements and social gathering rules to stop the spread of COVID-19. If you see violations of protocols by Clarkson faculty, staff or students, and /or violations of NYS directives in the wider community, refer to this announcement.
Screening and Monitoring Details
In addition to students going through protocols for screening and testing, employees are following best practices by being asked to go through a daily screening process based on symptoms of COVID-19 prior to coming in to work/ beginning . Refer to this page for more information and to access the screening tools or go to the Quick link tab “ Health Screenings” on the intranet home page. Here are the current questions we are using:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- (Students) Have you, or anyone you live with, traveled outside the North Country in the last 14 days? (Employees) Have you, or anyone you live with traveled outside of NYS in the last 14 days?
This link takes you to the current screening form- https://forms.gle/XD9LyTnzaB9swi9q9 to complete prior to arrival, or you can scan the QR code which is posted on the entrance to each building, or call Human Resources (315-268-6437) during regular business hours or Campus Safety & Security (315-268-6666) after hours.
Based on the answers to the screening questions, you may be asked to have COVID-19 testing or to self-quarantine for 14 days. Regular testing is not required at this time. You can call these numbers from Public Health for testing in St. Lawrence County if you have symptoms or believe you need a test.
- St. Lawrence Health System 315-261-6240
- CLAXTON-Hepburn in Ogdensburg 315-713-6655
- ◦CLIFTON FINE 315-848-8049
Screening programs to detect asymptomatic students or employees with COVID-19 do not replace important measures such as hand-washing, social distancing, face mask use and tracing/isolation when someone comes into contact with a person who has tested positive.
To augment the potential need to conduct contact tracing that shares where you have been, we are requiring a daily exiting survey after leaving campus for the day. For faculty who are teaching on campus- please list the classes you taught and please remember to take class attendance. You do not need to list all student who came to call on the daily exiting survey, simply list the class and keep your attendance record on file until the end of semester
Retrieving Items from Office / Intermittent Access
Employees who are cleared to enter campus to retrieve items from their office must contact their manager and Human Resources at email@example.com . Employees will not be allowed to enter campus if they have not completed the mandatory Health & Safety training. All employees cleared to enter campus must follow all of the implemented process, including the daily health screening and not come in if any of the conditions are answered with a ‘yes.’
Employees will be required to complete training upon their return to review necessary actions and expectations while on campus to allow us to provide a safe working environment and decrease the potential of exposure/transmission of COVID-19.