Potsdam Campus Community,
Per our Restart Plan protocols, we are sharing that Clarkson was notified this morning that a member of our Clarkson community in Potsdam has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual followed the University’s protocols and was taking appropriate measures.
- To respect the privacy of the individual, they will remain anonymous.
- This individual will remain quarantined by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until officials have cleared the individual.
- As part of their protocols in any positive test case, a representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify directly any community members, students, faculty, and staff who may have been exposed and will give further guidance. These contacts will remain confidential.
- Public health may ask the University for information to support their review and your assistance is appreciated.
- All other members of the community should continue to abide by social distancing and other preventative measures. Wearing a mask is the #1 way we can stop the spread.
We continue to work with the County health department and monitor and implement the guidance of New York State, federal and world health representatives. We understand that announcements like this may cause concern in our immediate community and as the number of cases rises across the United States. As again was the case in our previous reported cases, we want to acknowledge the diligence of this individual to follow the protocols put in place by NYS, Clarkson and our health system partners. We extend our well wishes to this member of our Clarkson community.
We want to also thank St. Lawrence County Public Health and the St. Lawrence Health System, which manages our Student Health Center and Canton-Potsdam Hospital, for working with us on these processes to protect the health, safety and well-being of our community and remind everyone that these steps for screening, testing and monitoring do make a difference. The health and well-being of our community is Clarkson’s top priority.
Please continue to live the Clarkson values through your diligence in following the preventive measures and social distancing practices shared with the community and with integrity in continuing to value the global plurality of our University community.
If you have any questions about this communication, please contact your supervisor, email@example.com and/or me.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead
These are the daily questions to keep using:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone you live with, traveled outside the North Country in the last 14 days? (students after arrival)