The Steve Yianoukos Fitness Center at Cheel
and the Deneka Fitness Center at the IRC are Now Open
To Current Students, Faculty and Staff Only
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Clarkson University Fitness Centers will be operating under the interim guidance for gyms & fitness centers provided by the New York State Department of Health. This means we will be operating at 33% capacity and will be open only to our current students, faculty and staff.
Each of you should have received an e-mail yesterday with the subject line “Clarkson University has invited you to register for self service”. Please do the following, in order to reserve your appointment block to work out:
- Accept the invitation in the e-mail that was sent
- Once you have registered you can login
- Then select “Book Sessions”
- Select the session you would like (ie. Deneka weights, Deneka Cardio, or Yianoukos) and the time
- A screen will pop up and then select “book”.
- Q. How many appointment blocks can I sign up for?
A. You are able to sign up for 7 separate appointment blocks per week for each facility. The pool is the only facility with 5 reservation blocks because it is not open on the weekends.
- Q. Can I book a month at a time?
A. No, you are only allowed to book a week at a time.
- Q. What happens if an appointment block is full that I want?
A. Your name will be added to a waitlist and if someone cancels the next person on the waitlist is notified that there is a vacancy.
- Q. What happens if I book an appointment and something comes up and I can’t make it?
A. You can cancel anytime, up to an hour before your appointment block.
- Q. What happens if I cancel less than an hour before my appointment block?
A. Your name will be tagged as a late cancel and too many late cancels may cause a suspension of your ability to use the facilities for a duration of time.
- Q. Are family members allowed to join me?
A. No, at this time it is current students, faculty and staff only.
- Q. Is there an app available that I can download to my phone?
A. Yes, After you create your account you can download the MemberMe+ app, search for Clarkson University in the “Search Club” search bar and use the app to make reservations.
- Q. Do I really need to wear a mask when working out?
A. Yes, For individuals who are unable to medically tolerate an acceptable face covering, those individuals must wear a face shield at all times.
- Bandanas, buffs, vented/valved masks and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings for use in gyms and fitness center.
- You will not be permitted into the facilities if you aren’t wearing acceptable face coverings
9. Q. What are the major requirements for entry into the facility?
- Must have a reservation
- No Walk-ins
- Must check-in/out
- Must answer COVID screening questions
- Must have Clarkson ID
- Must come dressed with a change of shoes
- Must follow all rules and posted signage
- 6ft social distancing, directional traffic, cleaning, etc
- No locker room access
- No water fountains
- Only bottle refill stations are open
10. Q. Who should I contact with further questions?
A. Please e-mail email@example.com, or call Kelly Norman at 315-268-3768