Potsdam Campus Community,
Per our Restart Plan protocols, we are sharing that Clarkson was notified that three members of our campus community, who live in close contact, have tested positive for COVID-19 after an onset of symptoms. If you are experiencing symptoms*, please contact Campus Safety at 315-268-6666 ASAP for further steps to take.
Extensive rapid testing has been completed tonight with no further positive results. We will keep the campus informed.
- To respect the privacy of the individuals, they will remain anonymous. We send them our well wishes.
- They will remain quarantined by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until officials have cleared them.
- As part of the NYS protocols in any positive test case, a representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify directly any community members, students, faculty, and staff who may have been exposed and will give further guidance. These contacts will remain confidential.
- Public health may ask the University for information to support their review and your assistance if asked to help is appreciated.
- All members of the community should doubledown on diligence towards the safety protocols put in place to stop the spread: wear your mask, practice good hygiene, abide by social distancing and take other preventative measures. Wearing a mask is the #1 way we can stop the spread. The health and well-being of our community is Clarkson’s top priority.
We understand that announcements like this may cause concern in our immediate community. If you have any questions about this communication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or me. We care about all of you and complete transparency in our communications. Please stick to the game plan, maintain your diligence to the safety protocols and keep looking out for your community.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Leadkchezum@clarkson.edu
*These are the daily screening questions to keep using and to act up on if you ans:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?