The St. Lawrence County Department of Public Health is warning of a potential COVID-19 exposure for patrons who visited Madrid Hometown Cafe, 3746 on County Road 14, on Saturday, Oct. 10 between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
If you believe you were present at that cafe during that period of time, you should be tested for COVID-19.
Students should contact the Health Center at 315-268-6633 M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm, afterhours Campus Safety at 315-268-6666 and/or make an appointment at the following public testing sites shown below. In the interim, if you were at this dining establishment as noted above, you need to self-isolate.
- St. Lawrence Health System in Potsdam: 315-261-6240
- Community Health Center in Canton: 315-379-8132
- Claxton Hepburn Medical Center in Ogdensburg: 315-713-6655
- Clifton Fine Hospital, 315-848-8049
Employees should consult with their own medical provider, telling them you have been exposed, and/or directly schedule at one of the public testing sites listed above.
These are the daily screening questions to keep using and to act upon. Please note that the CDC has added nausea and vomiting, and diarrhea to its symptoms list. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you need to seek further evaluation and/or testing:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4°F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea? (
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
The screening tools are at these links for the daily Student Health Screening form, and employees can go to https://intranet.clarkson.edu/administrative/hr/employee-health-screenings/ These are both ‘quick links’ from the Clarkson intranet page.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, do not attend in-person campus activities/classes and get tested.