Potsdam Campus Community,
Per our protocols, we are sharing with you that a member of the Clarkson community, who does not live on campus, has received a positive test result for COVID-19.
We are actively working with St. Lawrence County Public Health representatives to respond to this new case that came in today.
- To respect the privacy of the individual, they will remain anonymous. We send them our well wishes.
- They will remain off campus and quarantined by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until officials have cleared them.
- As part of the NYS protocols in any positive test case, a representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify directly any community members, students, faculty, and staff who may have been exposed and will give further guidance. These contacts will remain confidential.
- Public Health may ask the University for information to support their review and your assistance, if asked to help, is appreciated.
- All members of the community should remain diligent towards the safety protocols put in place to stop the spread: wear your mask, practice good hygiene, abide by social distancing and take other preventative measures. The health and well-being of our community is Clarkson’s top priority.
We understand that announcements like this may cause concern in our immediate community. If you have any questions about this communication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or me. We care about all of you and complete transparency in our communications about COVID-19. Please maintain diligence and thank you for taking the extra steps to keep our our greater community healthy and safe.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead