Potsdam Campus Community,
As a precaution, while we contact trace positive cases of COVID-19 identified today and further evaluate testing surveillance options, we are asking residents of several housing units on campus to exclusively stay in their living quarters in their residence hall units through this weekend.
We know what a tremendous request this is of our students impacted by this and we are going to be making some special deliveries to those living in these quarantine conditions during this time. We also apologize that the “shelter in place” message was not explicit that this was COVID-19 related in the text announcements and caused some members of our community undue alarm.
Positive test results were reported today for five on-campus and two off-campus community members, inclusive of individuals who were already in quarantine and some with additional contact tracing in progress based on a limited time on campus.
- To respect the privacy of the individuals, they will remain anonymous.
- We wish them good health.
- As part of the NYS protocols in any positive test case, a representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will be in contact with them and any contacts.
- Public Health may ask the University for information to support their review and your assistance, if you are asked to help, is appreciated.
Please keep completing the daily screening tool in your routine, wearing the mast, practicing social distancing and good hand hygiene. If you have any questions about this communication, please contact email@example.com and/or me.
Thank you for doing your part in our great Clarkson community.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead
*These are the daily screening questions (See the footer of every clarkson.edu web page to complete the screening tool!) to keep using and to act upon if you answer yes to any of these.
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone you live with, traveled outside of the University-approved region(s) in the last 14 days?”