Clarkson University’s Biochemistry & Proteomics Lab to host Fulbright Scholar

Dr. Brindusa Alina Petre will visit Clarkson’s Biochemistry & Proteomics Lab as a Fulbright Scholar this fall. Petre, an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry from Al. I. Cuza University of Iasi, Romania, will be hosted by Associate Professor of Chemistry & Biomolecular Science Costel C. Darie. She will study protein-metal interactions using mass spectrometry and proteomics.

Petre, a native of Romania, studied Chemistry at Al. I. Cuza University of Iasi, Romania, did her Ph.D. at the University of Konstanz, Germany, and then a postdoc at the Washington University in St. Louis, MO. In 2012, she returned to her alma mater as a faculty and built a research group with international visibility.

“It’s not the first time I will come to Potsdam,” said Dr. Petre. “I visited Clarkson University in 2019 as an Erasmus+ exchange faculty, a program that was started by Drs. Darie and Dr. Mihasan, a former Fulbright Fellow. I am excited to have more time for research at Clarkson and also to start new collaborations.”

“We are glad to host Fulbright visitors,” said Darie. “Petre is the third approved Fulbright visitor in our lab, in the past four years.”

https://www.clarkson.edu/news/clarkson-universitys-biochemistry-proteomics-lab-host-fulbright-scholar

You Might Also Like