Food Insecurity and Nutrition Education Conference

SUNY Potsdam
April 9, 2022
9:00 – 3:00
Register Here

Hello Everyone,
My name is Kristy Coyle, I am a senior Community Health major at SUNY Potsdam. I am in the Presidential Scholar’s Program and as a Presidential Scholar, I am holding a Food Insecurity and Nutrition Education conference at SUNY Potsdam, alongside my mentor Sarah Lister, that will be held on April 9, 2022 from 9:00am-3:00pm. 

This conference will work to raise awareness about food insecurity among college campuses by providing knowledge and open conversations to decrease the stigma surrounding student hunger. There will be many resources for students who may be dealing with food insecurity, as well as resources for those who want to start helping with the fight against food insecurity and want to learn about ways they can get involved. 
We will have many speakers from the St. Lawrence County Community, as well as from the four local universities, working to address many topics relating to food insecurity and nutrition, such as SNAP Benefits, food waste, eating healthy on a budget, and much more! We also have our amazing keynote Larry Mannolini from Delhi University coming to talk about the incredibly successful food security efforts at their university.
This conference is open to all students from the local universities, as well as to faculty members. A small breakfast and a bigger lunch will be provided, as well as childcare if needed. Pre-registration for the conference is required. If you are interested, please scan the QR code or click the link on the flyer to register.
We hope to see you there!

You Might Also Like