This week’s blog: Dorm Hacks!

Hello, incoming students!

My name is Emma Blaiklock, and I’m the Assistant Director of Residence Life here at Clarkson. In my role, I work with students to create a positive residence life experience, and over the years, I’ve learned quite a bit about living in a residence hall. I am here to help support you in any way I can, but particularly with housing related needs. Housing Questionnaires are live on your Slate account with Clarkson. These are due by July 1 and we will have housing assignments (building, room number and roommate) out on your myCU account by July 15. 

I wanted to send you two blogs this week. First, I’ve shared my favorite residence hall room hacks in hopes that it will help you plan for your new home away from home. Read it here!

The second blog I wanted to share is our Roommate Survival Guide, which will help you navigate the process of learning how to live with someone new, which is both fun and scary. Click here to read! Don’t worry, we will have trained staff here on campus, known as your Resident Advisor or House Advisor, to help you.

I recommend you check out the Residence Life website for information on what to bring, what not to bring, our living-learning communities, and more. You can also follow our department’s Instagram to learn more about our department, what is going on on campus, and life as a Golden Knight. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at reslife@clarkson.edu and we’ll be happy to help you! We can’t wait to see you this August. 

Best,
Emma Blaiklock
She, Her, Hers
Assistant Director of Residence Life
Coordinator for the Quad, Hamlin and Powers

You Might Also Like