This is a reminder that Clarkson University has hired the MIT-Harvard Broad Institute’s laboratory with its Clinical Research Sequencing Platform (CRSP) to provide SARS-CoV-2 testing to all students during the Fall 2020 Semester. Consent to testing was outlined on myCU for all students prior to arrival. All COVID-19 testing for Fall 2020 will be held in Cheel Arena and specimens will be collected through a process that involves a self-administered nose swab.
Student COVID-19 Testing Details:
From August 18th – 23rd, students will be contacted via email to schedule their testing time. Each week thereafter, Clarkson will conduct 300 random tests per week until the end of the semester.
- The day prior to your testing you will receive a separate email to schedule your test.
- Testing will be in Cheel Arena – enter on the South side / back of the arena via the “Zamboni” entrance. There are green markers to establish distancing while in line. Students must wear a face mask.
- Bring your Student ID. Staff will verify your DOB, address and name.
- Staff will print a label and attach to a tube and give you an enclosed swab.
- Signage of how to conduct the nasal swab will be posted in the arena.
- Students will be directed to a testing station and trained staff will be on hand to answer questions.
- Once you have conducted the self-administered nasal swab test, you will insert the swab into the tube, enclose it with a cap, and deposit it into a carrier.
- The entire process will take approximately 5 minutes (from check-in to completion).
Should a student test positive, you will be contacted by the Student Health Center directly and provided next steps.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com. We look forward to a great semester.