**THANK YOU FOR YOUR VIGILANCE FOR DAILY SCREENING AND PARTICIPATION IN TESTING — SEE CAMPUS PROGRESS BELOW IN TESTING**
Potsdam Campus Community,
Per our Restart Plan protocols, we are sharing that Clarkson was notified earlier today that a member of our Clarkson community has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual followed the University’s protocols and was taking appropriate measures.
- To respect the privacy of the individual, they will remain anonymous.
- This individual will remain quarantined by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until officials have cleared the individual.
- As part of their protocols in any positive test case, a representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify directly any community members, students, faculty, and staff who may have been exposed and will give further guidance. These contacts will remain confidential.
- Public health may ask the University for information to support their review and your assistance is appreciated.
- All other members of the community should continue to abide by social distancing and other preventative measures. Wearing a mask is the #1 way we can stop the spread.
We continue to work with the County health department and monitor and implement the guidance of New York State, federal and world health representatives.
We understand that announcements like this may cause concern in our immediate community and as the number of cases rises across the United States.
As again was the case in our previous reported cases, we want to acknowledge the diligence of this individual to follow the protocols put in place by NYS, Clarkson and our health system partners. We extend our well wishes to this member of our Clarkson community.
We want to also thank St. Lawrence County Public Health and the St. Lawrence Health System, which manages our Student Health Center and Canton-Potsdam Hospital, for working with us on these processes to protect the health, safety and well-being of our community and remind everyone that these steps for screening, testing and monitoring do make a difference. The health and well-being of our community is Clarkson’s top priority.
Please continue to live the Clarkson values through your diligence in following the preventive measures and social distancing practices shared with the community and with integrity in continuing to value the global plurality of our University community.
If you have any questions about this communication, please contact your supervisor, email@example.com and/or me. We care about all of you and complete transparency in our communications. Please maintain your diligence and caring attitude for your community.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead
COVID-19 DATA – POTSDAM CAMPUS COMMUNITY
Testing Administered by University Health Center by St. Lawrence Health System and processed with MIT-Harvard Broad Labs Since 8/18/2020*
Total # Tested – 3,130
Total Positive Test Results 2 (.06%)
Total Negative Test Results 3,128 (99.94%)
Total Current Active Cases 2
Total Cases Recovered n/a
Other Campus Community Members/Testing Sites Since 8/18/2020
Total Current Active Cases 1
Total Cases Recovered n/a
Previously Reported Between March and Before Fall Semester (7 recovered)
*All students submitted a negative test result prior to arrival through their own health provider/ system. These are not posted in our testing results above.