Potsdam Campus Community,.
Today we have had 18 new positive test results for COVID-19 from our community members and 15 cases were reported yesterday. Golden Knights, we need to stop the spread now.
We will return to “Red Alert” Level 1 immediately.
- All classes will be fully remote by Thursday. For classes this evening and tomorrow, please look for communication from your faculty.
- All small group gatherings will need to move to virtual access.
- The gyms and fitness facilities are now closed.
- All athletic contests are on pause.
- There are no visitors on campus until further notice.
- Minimize off campus activities, limit travel to medical appointments.
Of the recent positive cases, we know some are inclusive of people already in quarantine from previous exposure. We also have new cases of unknown origin at this time which we need to support further contact tracing and disinfecting protocols.
Everyone: Wear a mask at all times when around others and in public; Practice good hand washing hygiene; and Follow appropriate social distancing measures. If you are not feeling well or need to act on the daily screening tool, seek medical attention via the Student Health Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, 315-268-6633 or your own medical provider.
If you have any questions about this communication, please contact email@example.com and/or me.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart /Rebuild Communications Lead
*These are the daily screening questions to click through every day. The link is easy to remember where to find on the footer of every clarkson.edu web page. Please act on the guidance given on the tool if you answer yes to any of these.
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone you live with, traveled outside of the University-approved region(s) in the last 14 days?”