Clarkson Employee Community,
Governor Cuomo announced this week that with 70% of adult New Yorkers vaccinated, New York State’s COVID-19 Restrictions and New York Forward Industry Guidance had been lifted,with limited exceptions*.
- Vaccinated employees and students do not need to wear masks but may continue to wear masks in all settings
- All employees, students and vendors who are on campus and/or conducting University business should continue to carry a mask with them at all times. Among vaccinated individuals in group settings, we should still obtain mutual agreement among all parties within these campus interactions to confirm if we will be wearing masks around each other.
- Per the New York State release, unvaccinated individuals remain responsible for continuing to wear a mask, per Federal CDC Guidance.
- For all unvaccinated employees and students, masks are still required in group settings and when in a common public space where others are present. While this is on the honor system, it will be considered a violation of the Employee and Student Code of Conduct to not adhere to Federal CDC Guidance.
- Clarkson is requiring all campus members to be vaccinated for COVID-19, with exceptions for religious and medical exemptions. Here is the COVID-19 FAQs if you have not already registered your vaccination status.
In the Governor’s press release listing exceptions to the lifting of restrictions, Pre-K-12 Schools, large-scale indoor venues, public transit and health care settings were among the settings where we must still adhere to existing COVID-19 Health Protocols per CDC Guidelines. We are getting further clarification on how these may impact some of our summer program and fall program operations.
All employees will now fully return to work in person and/or based on having an approved schedule in the University’s Flexible Work Schedule Policy .
- All physical distancing restrictions have been lifted; therefore crews will start putting furniture back in classrooms, conference spaces etc.
- Office/laboratories can operate at full occupancy loads;
- Health screenings are no longer required.
- Gyms can operate (unvaccinated must still wear mask);
- Limits on gathering sizes have been lifted.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead