Jim Pittman Stepping Down as Dean of Students

It is with mixed emotions that I announce that Jim Pittman will be stepping down as the Dean of Students at Clarkson University.  As much as I will miss working with Jim, I am equally as excited to announce that he has accepted the position of Vice President of Student Services at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.  

Jim joined Clarkson University in 2014 as the Executive Director of Counseling and Health. In 2016 Jim took on the responsibilities of Interim Dean of Students and then in 2017, he was promoted as the Dean of Students. Jim has been an advocate for all our students and his ability to enhance and empower students’ development by advocating for student responsibilities and rights and minimizing obstacles to achieve a quality education dedicated to excellence, leadership and citizenship benefited Clarkson University.

Jim stated,  “In my eight years at Clarkson, it has been my honor to serve the Clarkson community, first as the Executive Director of Counseling and Health and then as your Dean of Students.  Moving to Potsdam, NY from Oregon all those years ago was a transition that I’ve never regretted. I quickly became enthralled with the Clarkson culture, my colleagues, and especially the students.  I am so appreciative to the members of the Clarkson community for the influence you’ve all had on me, I am truly better because of my time here.” 

Jim has agreed to stay on at Clarkson until the middle of June as we work on a smooth transition plan.

I personally want to congratulate Jim and wish him much success in his new endeavor.

Brian Grant
VP for Enrollment & Student Advancement

You Might Also Like