Orientation happens this month! Look forward to moving in on Friday, August 26th.
Please refer to the Campus Map for locations of entrances and buildings on campus. Transfer students regardless of housing assignment, check in at the Cheel Campus Center lobby. Pull right up to the loop in front of the main entrance and head inside to pick up your keys.
- 9am-12pm: Check-in/Move-in, Cheel Campus Center
- 12-1pm: Transfer Student Welcome Lunch, Student Center 2nd Floor MPRs – Meet your fellow transfer students over lunch.
- 1-2pm: Campus Tours, Depart from Student Center – Learn where important spaces on campus are through current students.
- 2:30-3:30pm: Student Resources Fair – Get connected with the different offices on campus that are here to support you.
After the Student Resources Fair, transfer students are encouraged to participate in the remainder of the first-year student orientation schedule: https://www.clarkson.edu/first-year-schedule.
- Join us for a comedy magic show featuring Michael Kent: Saturday, August 27th 9pm – 10pm Student Center – Watch a hilarious stand-up comedy-style magic show!
- CUSA Carnival: Sunday, August 28th 12pm – 4pm Cheel Lawn – CUSA Senate (your student government) is hosting a carnival with inflatables, prizes, and so much more!
- Activities Fair: Sunday, August 28th 7pm – 8:30pm Cheel Floor – This is your opportunity to get to know all of the clubs and organizations on campus and connect with your peers.
- Open Skate with President Christensen: Sunday, August 28th 8:30pm – 10pm – Skate around Cheel Arena and meet Clarkson University’s President, Dr. Marc Christensen!
- Welcome Week: Welcome Week is OSL’s series of programs on campus to help you acclimate to your environment and enjoy the first week!
- Monday, August 29th, 10 am – 2pm – Student Center MPRS – First Day of School Photos: Join OSL and the POV Club in getting your first day of school photo taken, which you can share with family and friends.
- Tuesday, August 30th, 11am – 2pm – Student Center – Creating your CU Home: Join OSL, CUB, Sustainability Club, and Residence Life for crafts to decorate your room including splatter paint, sun catcher making, and more!
- Wednesday, August 31st, 4 – 6pm – Cheel Lawn – Day of Play: Join OSL for a bunch of fun activities including axe throwing, yard games, and more!
- Thursday, September 1st, 11am – 1pm – Student Center Forum – Student Support Services Snack Time: Stop by the Student Center to meet a number of different support services on campus and to get a snack on your way to your next class.
- Friday, September 2nd, 8 – 11pm – Student Center Firepit – Lore and S’mores: Learn about the history of Clarkson and the mysteries of campus in this interactive scavenger hunt, with s’mores to top off the experience.
- Career Fair: Tuesday, September 13th – Wednesday September 15th – Students from all majors and class years have the opportunity to network with future employers and learn about upcoming internships.
- Family Weekend will take place October 21st – 23rd. Learn more here.
Getting Involved on Campus
Clarkson University has a variety of student clubs, organizations, and events to get involved in! This first step to learning more about these fun opportunities is to visit Knightlife. You can browse upcoming events and find groups on campus to join. Login using your Clarkson username and password to set up your account. You’ll have an individualized Event Pass that should be used for all events you attend. For easy check-ins for campus events, screenshot or save it to your virtual wallet. A tutorial on this can be found here.