Potsdam Employees and Students,
Clarkson was notified on Thursday, March 26, 2020, that a University employee has tested positive for COVID-19.
Based on current information, it is the only confirmed case involving a member of our campus community in this global pandemic and national emergency.
· To respect the privacy of the individual, they will remain anonymous.
· This individual will remain isolated by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until their officials have cleared the individual.
· The individual did not live on campus and has been off campus since Monday, March 16, 2020.
· The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify any students, faculty, staff and community members who may have been exposed and will give further guidance.
· All other members of the community should continue to abide by social distancing and other preventative measures.
· Affected physical spaces will receive deep cleaning consistent with public health guidelines.
Since March 13, almost all students have been on Spring Break. All classes have been online since the semester resumed on March 23 with a very limited number of students living on campus due to extenuating circumstances. Faculty and staff have been and will continue to work remotely until further notice and are advised to further limit contact following social distancing protocols. Those individuals who need to be on campus to sustain critical operations are taking additional precautions to work in isolation. Students approved to live on campus will continue to have access to the resources they need but have been asked to further enact aggressive social distancing and self-isolation. We will continue to send regular updates as well as keep the University’s COVID-19 website updated.
University administration is working closely with the county health department and continues to monitor and implement the guidance of New York State, federal and world health representatives to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Students still on campus who have flu-like symptoms and are worried they might have COVID-19 should contact the Clarkson Health Center (315-268-6633 or email@example.com) during business hours. After hours, students on campus can call Campus Safety at 315-268-6666 to be directed to an appropriate resource; or your personal health care provider. Potsdam faculty, staff or other community members who have symptoms that could be COVID-19-related should contact public health (Saint Lawrence Co. 315-386-2325 main number), their health care provider, or pursue care at an urgent care center (Potsdam 315-261-5525), and Canton Potsdam Hospital (315-265-3300). In all cases, call ahead for further direction.
The health and well-being of our community is Clarkson’s top priority.