St. Lawrence County Health Department is warning of potential exposure to COVID-19 for customers at Potsdam Walmart and Canton Pizza Hut recently.
According to a release from the Public Health Department, anybody who may have been in Potsdam Walmart on Nov. 2 from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Nov. 4 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Nov. 5 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Nov. 6 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. may have been exposed to COVID-19. At Canton Pizza Hut, the exposure warning is for Nov. 7 from noon to 1 p.m. Such individuals are advised to seek a COVID-19 test and continue monitoring for symptoms, including twice-daily temperature checks, for 14 days.
Students should contact the Health Center at 315-268-6633 M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm, after hours Campus Safety at 315-268-6666 and/or make an appointment at the following public testing sites shown below. In the interim, if you were at these locations as noted above, you need to self-isolate.
- St. Lawrence Health System in Potsdam: 315-261-6240
- Canton Community Health Center: 315-379-8132
- Claxton Hepburn Medical Center in Ogdensburg: 315-713-6655
Employees should consult with their own medical provider and/or directly schedule at one of the public testing sites listed above.
These are the daily screening questions to keep using and to act upon if you answer yes to any of them:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4°F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
The screening tools are at these links for the daily Student Health Screening form, and employees can go to https://intranet.clarkson.edu/administrative/hr/employee-health-screenings/ These are both ‘quick links’ from the Clarkson intranet page.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, do not attend in-person campus activities/classes and get tested.