Potsdam Campus Community,
Per our protocols, we are sharing that Clarkson was notified this afternoon that a member of our campus community has tested positive for COVID-19.
This person was last on campus in Potsdam on November 16 and did not interact with others on campus that day.
St. Lawrence County Public Health representatives are working with the individual.
- To respect the privacy of the individual, they will remain anonymous. We send them our well wishes, especially as we enter the holiday weekend.
- They will remain quarantined by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until officials have cleared them.
- As part of the NYS protocols in any positive test case, a representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify directly any community members, students, faculty, and staff who may have been exposed and will give further guidance. These contacts will remain confidential.
- All members of the community should remain diligent towards the safety protocols put in place to stop the spread: wear your mask, practice good hygiene, abide by social distancing and take other preventative measures.
Many states are implementing travel restrictions and testing protocols making it prudent to review those state websites before you travel. See Pennsylvania and Massachusetts as examples. If you are planning to be tested to go to one of these states and then still return to NYS, please refer to New York State’s travel advisory information as you may also have to test to return to the state.
We understand that announcements like this may cause concern in our immediate community. If you have any questions about this communication, please contact email@example.com and/or me. We care about all of you and complete transparency in our communications. .
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead
*These are the daily screening questions to keep using and to act up on if you answer yes to any of these:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?