Potsdam Campus Community,
We were notified this evening that a member of our community who is currently in off-campus quarantine tested positive today for COVID-19, as part of following up on responses to the daily health screening tool. (This tool is linked at the bottom footer of every clarkson.edu web page.)
- To respect the privacy of the individual, they will remain anonymous.
- They will remain quarantined by the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department until officials have cleared them.
- With the case emmating from a quarantine already in place, no additional persons have been notified.
- We wish them good health.
Please keep completing the daily screening tool and contact the Health Center for potential testing and quarantine if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or are exhibiting symptoms.
We understand that announcements like this may cause concern. If you have any questions about this communication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or me.
Thank you for doing your part to return to classes next week and being a part of this great Clarkson community.
Kelly Chezum, VP for External Relations
Restart Communications Lead
*These are the daily screening questions (See the footer of every clarkson.edu web page to complete the screening tool!) to keep using and to act up on if you answer yes to any of these.
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?