Request to Put Working Hours in Signature Blocks / Sample Away Message for Holiday Break

As more employees adjust their working hours and use Clarkson’s Flextime Policy outside of the posted 8:00am-4:30pm core university hours, there have been requests for people to include when they are in the office and working in their email signature blocks.

For example:

My work schedule is Monday – Friday from 10am to 6:30pm.  Please contact me to confirm other appointment times.”

You can also enable your working hours within your Google Calendar. 

• Go to Settings (the gear in the upper right corner)
  • Click on “Working hours & location” from the menu on the left
  • Select the start and end times for each day. (You can also choose the location; office, home, etc.)
  • Google will automatically save your changes.

If you are out of the office and not following your routine work schedule, please also post an appropriate away message that includes when you expect to return as well as who to contact in your absence.  

For example:  Clarkson University is taking a University-wide holiday break from December 20, 2021, through January 2, 2022. I will be checking my email periodically during this time, but responses may be delayed. Clarkson is closed December 24, 27, 28, & 31 in observance of the holidays.  I will return to the office on January 3, 2022.”

Thank you! This will help out your fellow employees and students in our community!

You Might Also Like