Vanessa Fernandes Departing Clarkson University

Dear colleagues,

It is with bittersweet emotions to share that Vanessa Fernandes, Assistant to the Dean of Students, is leaving the University. Vanessa’s last day at Clarkson is July 27.

Vanessa has had a profound impact on the student experience, consistently going above and beyond the duties in her job description to support our students during their most difficult times. She is often the first call many of us make with questions about a program or process at the University. Vanessa has been instrumental in the success of the CU Pantry, Emergency Relief Fund, Plane Fund, AlcoholEdu, and so much more. Her keen attention to detail ensured timely, organized, and meaningful communication to students, families, and the University community. Vanessa served on a number of University committees and as the adviser to Rod and Gun Club. Vanessa has been a leader in improving nearly all of the processes in the Office of the Dean of Students. While I was out on maternity leave, Vanessa stepped up even further by taking on additional responsibilities of our office operations.

Vanessa’s dedication to students was honored with a student nomination for and subsequently received the Phalanx Commendable Service Award this year. The nomination included that when the student thinks of “who [they] would reach out to as a student, it would be Vanessa.” Vanessa made such an impression to the Parent and Family Committee this spring that I received an email from one family praising her commitment to students, which included phrases such as “she is fabulous” and “we are so thankful for the personal, genuine care.” These are only some of the ways individuals have expressed their appreciation, though I know I speak for everyone when I say how grateful we are to have had the opportunity to work with Vanessa. She is the most caring and committed professional I have ever had the privilege of calling a colleague.

Please join me in both thanking Vanessa for her passion and dedication during her time at Clarkson and wishing her well as she embarks on this next chapter in her career.

For any matters you would typically coordinate with Vanessa, including the CU Pantry and Plane Fund, please contact me at deanofstudents@clarkson.edu or kmpearson@clarkson.edu.

Best,

Kelsey Pearson
Dean of Students

You Might Also Like