LAST CALL: Interested in exploring the commercial potential of your research project? Join us TOMORROW, April 17th, to learn about Clarkson’s NSF I-Corps program

Please note – We have updated the link to allow individuals outside of Clarkson to register so if you had difficulty registering yourself last week, please try again!

Please join the SRS, CAMP, and the Shipley Center TOMORROW, Wednesday, April 17th to learn about the upcoming launch of Clarkson’s NSF I-Corps program.  During this informal gathering, taking place from 4pm-6pm at the Adirondack Lodge, you’ll have a chance to learn about the program, its benefits (including up to $2,500 in funding), and how to get involved. Light refreshments and drinks will be provided! Clarkson’s inaugural NSF I-Corps cohort will launch in mid-July. 

The goal of the NSF I-Corps program is to help inventors, researchers, and entrepreneurs connect with potential customers early in the development process to explore the commercial potential of their idea, and ultimately to increase commercialization success. Participants will learn about the process of “customer discovery,” and will then conduct a series of twenty customer interviews, with guidance and regular touch points from experienced I-Corps instructors.

Participation in this regional I-Corps program is completely free and comes with up to $2,500 in funding to support customer discovery efforts, including travel to workshops and conferences, subscriptions to customer databases, and more. More importantly, participation in a regional I-Corps program can improve your odds of securing state and/or federal grants, and also serves as a widely respected professional development activity for those in business and STEM fields. Additionally, by participating in our regional program, you may be nominated to participate in a national-level I-Corps program, which comes with $50,000 in funding for customer discovery (including stipends for team members).

This program is open to the entire Clarkson community, as well as local community members, so please spread the word!  You do not need to have a fully developed idea to participate – in fact it’s sometimes better if you don’t! To learn more about the program, visit Clarkson’s NSF I-Corps website, and to sign up for our informational session on Wednesday, April 17th, please follow this link.

You Might Also Like