Potsdam Campus Community,
Per our earlier announcements, there is an apparent connection among the now nine (9) positive cases of COVID-19 reported since late last night with contact tracing now in progress to further stop the spread.
Potsdam Campus Students Seeking Testing
We recognize that the increase in positive cases on campus has heightened student interest in getting tested for COVID-19 prior to leaving campus for Thanksgiving/ Winter break.
- We have reopened testing in Cheel Arena starting today, Thursday, November 19 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tests conducted by 1:30 p.m. today will be transported to the Broad Laboratory tonight with results anticipated in the next 36 hours.
- If you are a minor (under 18) and seeking testing, please come at 11:30 am today for testing.
- If you are standing in line for testing, please adhere to social distancing guidance to keep six-feet apart, remain fully masked and continue to follow all health and safety protocols. If you are exhibiting any symptoms or responded yes to items on the daily screening tool, please contact the Health Center for additional guidance, 315-268-6633.
We will open testing on Friday, November 20 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Monday, November 23 from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Please complete the ‘Optional Testing Form’.
Should you not be able to test on these dates and times provided above, you may wish to contact St Lawrence County Public Health or find a testing site using the NYS ‘Find a Test Site Near You’. Employees can use the same Public Health resource and/or seek counsel from their medical provider.
A representative of the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will notify directly any community members, students, faculty, and staff who may have been exposed and will give further guidance. These contacts will remain confidential. Public Health may ask the University for information to support their review and your assistance, if asked to help, is appreciated.
*These are the daily screening questions to keep using and to act up on if you answer yes to any of these:
- Do you currently have a fever (temperature of 100.4 F or greater) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have you been instructed by a health care professional/public health official/contact tracing app to self-isolate or quarantine?
- Have you knowingly been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same enclosed environment, such as an office, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?