Clarkson University and Al. I. Cuza University Extend the Erasmus+ Exchange Program

The Erasmus+ exchange program between Clarkson University and Al. I. Cuza University Iasi, Romania was recently extended for two more years. This program was established by Dr. Marius Mihasan, a Professor at Al. I. Cuza University and Dr. Costel C. Darie, Associate Professor of Chemistry & Biomolecular Science at Clarkson University. At the time when this program started in 2017, Dr. Mihasan was a Fulbright Fellow in Dr. Darie’s lab.

Top: Dr. Lucian Hritcu, Dr. Marius Stefan, Ms. Cristiana Dumbraveanu and Dr. Darie, all Erasmus+ visitors at Clarkson University, Bottom: Dr. Jim Peploski, Dr. Brindusa Alina Petre, and Dr. Marius Mihasan, Erasmus+ fellows, when Dr. Jim Peploski visited Romania

The Erasmus+ exchange program is funded by the European Union through a grant awarded to Al. I. Cuza University. The grant funds two faculty/staff and two students from Al. I. Cuza University to travel to Clarkson, and a similar number of faculty/staff and students to travel from Clarkson to Al. I. Cuza University. The grant, set to expire in 2021, was just extended for two more years.

“I am delighted that we could extend the Erasmus+ Exchange Program,” said Jeffrey Taylor, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs & Global Initiatives. “Both universities clearly benefit from this exchange,” added Taylor.

Since it started, three faculty from Clarkson were approved to travel to Al. I. Cuza University: Drs. Darie and Peploski (Department of Chemistry & Biomolecular Science) and Dr. Tom Langen (Department of Biology). From Al. I. Cuza, there were three faculty members and an MS student who came to Clarkson: Drs. Stefan and Hritcu (Department of Biology) and Dr. Brindusa Alina Petre (Department of Chemistry). The MS student, Cristiana Dumbraveanu, came to Clarkson for one semester and then started to work on her Ph.D. at the Medizinische Universität Innsbruck, Austria, as a Marie Curie Fellow. Dr. Petre later came back to Clarkson as a Fulbright Fellow.

https://www.clarkson.edu/news/clarkson-university-and-al-i-cuza-university-extend-erasmus-exchange-program

You Might Also Like